2009apr20 Went a little south of Boston, Braintree and Weymouth, for work. Fairly uneventful, except after work was completed, I traveled to NYC to visit a friend from UCF, Chad. I got a bus ticket from Boston to NYC from Bolt Bus for Thursday and arrived up there around 7. (transportation sequence was rental car to airport, car rental agency bus to Silverline stop at airport, then silverline to South Station, where I caught the bus to NYC.) After we met at the corner of 8th Ave and 21st St, a short walk from where the bus dropped me off around Penn Station, we went to Chad's apartment then to someone's rooftop party, that had a very good view of the city, but I forgot my camera.

The next day was Friday and Chad had to go to work, so I explored on my own. After breakfast, I had my first subway ride north to around Central Park and the museum district. Did some Park exploring, then went to the Met for a few hours and got museumed out, did more Park exploring, then started heading back. We went to a Geman place for beer and food, then off to other places for a pretty late night.

We headed to SoHo on Saturday morning. We stopped at a weird novelty shop and a friend's bicycle shop down there, before stopping at the Ducati shop which had two Desmosedicis. Since the weather was getting hot, we were also enjoying the girls. Another late night. A very good day.

Sunday started by walking up 12th Ave along the water heading to the museum on the Intrepid, seeing a bunch of cool planes. I later found out that my Dad had done night landings on the Intrepid while flying A4s. Next we spent about three or four hours trying to find non-existant sandwich shops (haha), before settling on what I'd call pretty good bbq, somewhere around 21st and 10th, out west. We then sat around the tables in front of the Flatiron building for a couple hours before I had to head to the airport for a late flight. I took the C or E to 4th, then the A all the way to Howard Beach, then the AirTrain to JFK's terminals.

2009may6 Shortly afterwards, I was headed back up to Boston, but this time a little closer to the city in Somerville. Before I got there, I was recommended a burger joint on Harvard Square, so after a little research, I jumped on the Orange Line at Sullivan Square, changed to the Red Line at Downtown Crossing, and got off at the Harvard Square stop. Took me a little exploring, but I found the place, Bartley's, and had a good dinner before heading back.

Friday night I also had some free time, so I headed back down to Harvard Square.

I got my usual late flight back, so Saturday was free to look around. The Volvo Ocean Race was at Boston for its only stop in the US, that was probably the highlight. I always have fun just looking around new places.